Welcome to ENC 2017 – The European Navigation Conference 2017
ENC 2017 will be held on the beautiful EPFL campus on the shores of Lake Geneva from May 9-12, 2017.
Update : March 22, 2017 – The ENC 2017 preliminary program is now available.
Update : March 4, 2017 – Registration for ENC 2017 is now open. Earlybird fees are in effect until March 31, 2017.
Update : February 14, 2017
- We are happy to be able to expand the exhibition and have added a few more booths. Please see the “Exhibition and Sponsoring” page for more information and to download a booking form.
UPDATE : January 31, 2017
- Author Submissions are now CLOSED for ENC 2017. Author account access on the epapers portal is now LOCKED and cannot be accessed until Mar 13, 2017 08:00 (GMT -0700)
- Notification to authors is scheduled for March 20, 2017
Building on the tradition of the European Navigation Conference, and while enjoying this year’s edition in Helsinki, we have the pleasure to invite you to Lausanne next year. Exactly one decade after the joint meeting with the European Time and Frequency Forum – TimeNav’07 in Geneva – ENC is returning to Switzerland.
The Galileo constellation progresses steadily, and so does our need for positions anywhere, at anytime, and for almost any purpose. Navigation once was an insiders’ business, and it has now become mainstream: by now everyone is using some kind of navigating aid. In this evolution, some of the mystique may have been lost, but developing navigation tools and processes appreciated by more people entails plenty of challenges. Our community is ready to tackle them and we are happy to contribute by organising another milestone event.
With a combination of landscapes, technology and lifestyle, the campus of the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale offers a great venue. The Swiss Institute of Navigation is looking forward to welcoming you all here next year.
Conference Structure and Highlights
The conference will start with a welcome reception, held on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 in the evening. The technical sessions will be held from Wednesday, May 10 through to Friday, May 12, 2017 with the conference closing on Friday. The programme combines plenary and parallel oral sessions featuring invited presentations by a number of internationally recognised experts and will also include both contributed oral and poster presentations.
Accepted abstracts will be assigned to oral or poster presentations, based on recommendations from the ENC 2017 Technical Program Committee.
In addition, there will be a technical exhibition where exhibitors can display commercial tools, materials and software of direct interest to the community.
Conference Scope – Technical Topics
- GNSS Positioning
- Status of GNSS
- GNSS Receiver and Antenna Technologies
- Space Based Augmentation
- GNSS Vulnerabilities
- Precise positioning (PPP, RTK)
- Atmosphere and Space Weather
- Time and Frequency Transfer
- Indoor and Urban Navigation
- Sensor based navigation
- Integrated navigation and integration algorithms
- Signals of opportunity
- Navigation Maps and Building Models
- Position Based Applications
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Maritime Navigation
- Location Based Services
- Land surveying
- Modern Applications and Future Developments
- Unmanned Vehicles
- Navigation in the Arctic Environment
- Computing with Geospatial Big Data